Taking Care of Skin Post Workout and Just In General

Ok I am definitely not an expert in taking care of my skin.  Seriously, I'm way too lazy for something I know is important.  But I had a rather informative facial last night (I'm trying to get caught up on my Massage Envy membership), and it made me think, I'm probably not the only one out there who doesn't properly take care of my skin on a daily basis like I should.  So what did I learn?  Baby steps!  I already do MOST of these, just not regularly, and perhaps in the wrong order, but a little revamp of my habits was definitely in order.
Style Athletics Burt's Bees Taking Care of Skin Face After Workout Gym

Here are her simple tips on taking care of your face after a workout:
- Use a face wipe to get all of your makeup off (yes, we all know you are supposed to do this BEFORE you workout, but how many of us are actually willing to go makeup-less to the gym).  I like to use Burt's Bees Grapefruit wipes but you can use anything natural.  Massage Envy of course uses Murad products.
- Once you have removed your makeup, use a natural cleanser to clean your face.  She also recommends that you use an exfoliating cleanser at least once per week.  I recently started using the Burt's Bees Renewal Cleansing Lotion and while the smell takes a little getting used to since I'm used the the grapefruit, it seems to work well.  It has the small exfoliation rather than the weird larger 'beads' that I feel like only move around on the face instead of scrubbing.    For regular cleansing I use the Burt's Bees Citrus & Ginger Body Wash.
- Next you should use a toner, especially if you are like me and have skin that tends to be oily.  She informed me that the toner is what repairs your pH balance and also closes the pores once they are clean, and therefore over time will 'shrink' the pores.  I love the Tomato toner from Burt's Bees because it smells great and feels super refreshing!
- Finally, she wants to make sure that everyone finishes with SPF moisturizer... especially for the daytime!

Occasionally I'll do a mask or two (not to mention an ACTUAL facial from a professional) where I like to alternate between the Yes to Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask and some of those peeling face masks like this nugg sample pack. 

My other suggestion would be to pay attention to your type of skin since Burt's Bees tends to make different products for each type.  Whatever brand you choose to use, don't over complicate the process, but make sure you do the important steps.

Best of luck and I hope you are better than I am!

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.